Terms of website use
Information about us
https://www.schluterevents.co.uk is a site operated by Schlüter-Systems Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 2853384 and have our registered office at Units 3-5 Bardon 22, Beveridge Lane, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 1TE. This is also our main trading address and contact address.
Our Managing Director is Joachim Backes.
Our VAT number is 616 7336 35.
We are a member of The Tile Association, Stone Federation Great Britain, The Resin Flooring Association FeRFA, Underfloor Heating Manufacturers Association and Gas Safe Register.
You can contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 1530 813396 or by fax on +44 (0) 1530 813376.
Alternatively, you can send an email to the address below:
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below).
We will not be liable to you or to any other person if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to the whole or any part of our site, acting reasonably, to you or any other person at our entire discretion.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may only use our site for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent intent purpose or effect;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to knowingly distribute any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designated to adversely affect the operation of any computer software communications network or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to use, reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these terms;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our site. When a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal, non-commercial reference only. You may not distribute any downloaded extracts electronically saved for storage or back up purposes on your own computer.
You must not modify the paper or electronic copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must not remove or alter indications of patents, copyright, trade marks, brand names or other rights of intellectual or industrial property from our site or the materials obtained through our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you believe we are infringing your intellectual property rights, or those of a third party, please notify us by contacting us at Schlüter-Systems Ltd, Units 3-5 Bardon 22, Beveridge Lane, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 1TE. Your notification should contain, inter alia: (1) a description of the intellectual property rights that are allegedly being infringed; (2) a description of the alleged infringement; (3) a description of the location of the allegedly infringing materials (4) your contact details.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Whilst the content of our site was created with care, the material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy or completeness and is not intended to amount to advice by us on which reliance should be placed. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site or registered user, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents;
- all conditions, warranties and other terms implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability (howsoever arising, including any liability in tort) in connection with the use of our site for any:
(a) loss of profits or anticipated savings; (b) loss of revenue; (c) loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) wasted management or other staff time; or (f) losses or liabilities under or in relation to any other contract; in each case whether direct, indirect, special and/or consequential loss or damage; or (g) for any other indirect, special and/or consequential loss or damage.
Our liability for direct loss shall be limited to the amount paid by the person using our site who has suffered such loss (if any) in the 12 months preceding the cause of action giving rise to the relevant claim.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing (or transmitting data, sending or uploading any material that contains) viruses, Trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, logic bombs or other material, programmes or similar computer code which is malicious, technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware of our site. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your rights to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may only link to our site https://www.schluterevents.co.uk
- the link results in a complete reload of the page to which it makes reference without showing the target page in a frame; and
- you notify us of the link within 24 hours of establishing the same by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- that the link states "Link to Schlüter-Systems Ltd" or the heading of the corresponding page on our site to which the link leads combined with the text "Link to Schlüter-Systems Ltd" or the current Schlüter-Systems logo; and
We may, at our absolute discretion, refuse to accept links which comply with the above conditions.
We may, at our absolute discretion and on request, permit links to sites which do not comply with the above conditions.
Our site must not be framed on any other site without our prior written permission.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking and framing permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the following standards:
Your website must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which it is hosted.
Your website must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- include sexually explicit material;
- endorse or promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any patent, design copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be deceptive;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidentiality;
- endorse or promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, endorse, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Schlüter- and our logo along with the three Schlüter-Systems trapezoids are trade marks of Schlüter-Systems KG. Any use of the same by you requires our express written permission.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.